This is Winged Foot

This is  Winged Foot
June 15 through June 21, 2020

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Live at the US Open - Pebble Beach - Tuesday June 11, 2019



Sorry to be a day late…how dare work gets in the way?  I finally got to the course around 3…Jeff never even got out of the ‘house.’  It was a bit cooler with clouds coming in which was a relief after high 80s on Monday.

After almost literally running into my neighbor from home as I arrived and she leaving I took a leisurely stroll.  Not only did Cathy give me two parking passes for a way, way better lot she gave me a ticket to the Trophy Club.  What a score and many, many thanks Cathy.  Sad that when I got to the club it has closed.  I was disappointed but was able to use a stellar restroom.  And you know about those pottys.

There wasn’t a heck of a lot going on…but I did get a few good pictures.  I spent some time at the par 3 17th and then walked up 18.  From there to the putting green where a TV tent was setup and they were doing an interview with Jaime Diaz.  Couldn’t hear it but that’s ok.  Not sure if the GC is going to be there at the putting green all week.  From there to the practice area.


 
Oh my – we should all be so lucky.  What a driving range, chipping area and putting green.  The snappy clubhouse was closed for an event but wouldn’t have been open to the public anyway.  By this time, it was 5 pm and there were still guys practicing away.   

Sorry so short and sweet but when duty calls it can be painful. 



 

The Driving Range
 

Chipping Area
 

As you enter practice area - beautiful
 

Sits underneath the sculpture
 

Henrik - the epitome of coolness
 

David Ledbetter - not the epitome of coolness
He never changes - his hat at any rate
 

What those interviews really look like
 

 


 

 

 



 


 



































No comments:

Post a Comment