This is Winged Foot

This is  Winged Foot
June 15 through June 21, 2020

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Live at the US Open - Chambers Bay - Thursday June 18, 2015



Good Evening…


I apologize right out of the gate – this will be very short.  And it is all my fault.


Out of the kindness of my heart I took on an extra shift today for a friend who had to be out of town.  Unfortunately I thought the shift was at 7 am and it was at 12:30 pm.  So, there I am bright and early with the Hole Captain wondering why on earth I am standing there.  The second shift Captain was kind enough to let me leave after the “big guns” of the afternoon had passed by #3 but I was still gone 14 hours.  Can you spell exhausted?  And we are back at it at 7 am tomorrow morning.  This is another shift I picked up for someone and I triple checked to make sure it was in the morning.  What a dummy!  My eyes are furious with me.


It was a very interesting day and I hope you all had a chance to see some or all of it.  Am I stunned at the results?  Yes and no.  Stenson, Johnson, Reed and Kuchar?  No real surprise there.  Ben Martin?  Cody Gribble? Marc Warren?  Ben Martin has won but Gribble and Warren?  And amateur Brian Campbell!  How cool!  Never heard of them until today.  Great job!  On the other end of the spectrum – pretty grim for Tiger and Rickie Fowler.  Not sure Tiger surprised anyone but Rickie?  That’s crazy.  But tomorrow is another day.


The fact that I was actually somewhere on or around 3 tee all day from 7 to 5 make sfor some interesting tidbits.  My brain has turned to complete mush and I must sleep before tomorrow.  But I promise that tomorrow and Saturday will provide you with recaps of today and tomorrow and many of the pictures taken yesterday.  It will be worth the wait.


Thanks for your patience and for tuning in each day for the blog. I love doing it and hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment