This is Winged Foot

This is  Winged Foot
June 15 through June 21, 2020

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Live from the US Open - Oakmont - June 16, 2007

Today was moving day ... there was a lot of moving - backwards as usual.

Tiger should be leading or tied at the worst. Not the greatest course management the last two holes in my now professional opinion. But, tomorrow should be will either be a shootout because so many are so close or it will end up match play between Tiger and Baddeley or Tiger will blow them all away. Have I covered all the bases? No matter what, it will be exciting.

I saw some crazy people today - who knew that punkers are into golf? Swear to heaven, I saw this girl straight out of KISS. Then there was the guy lying on the grass watching the big screen and honest to god, I thought he had his pajamas on! I had to look twice and I still don't know what in the heck he had on. It takes all kinds...

My working partner Elena is pretty funny - she lives in Oakmont and really doesn't play golf - and you golfers (male) will appreciate her comment that she thought that most of the men she saw were better looking and better dressed than the average guy. She obviously did not see the guy in the pjs. I told her that my husband may not be the best golfer but he sure looks great while he's trying :)

I think the players are very lucky that it has not been warmer - they may be look like they are sweating but it could be so much worse. Not really hot and not very humid. Certainly the volunteers that are outside all the time are happy about that. We in the tent, however, are freezing to death half the time. I think they have the air turned to 55.

Another somewhat interesting thing...when I watch golf on TV and they show a player, I immediately know most of them. When you see them in person, unless it is Tiger, Phil or Ernie, it is really difficult to recognize them. It is just one of those weird things I knew you would want to know.

I haven't seen as much golf as I would have sitting in my chair at home but I would not trade it for the world. I have met so many nice people and the charged atmosphere and excitement of the folks attending is contagious. i would highly recommend the experience to anyone.

Notes:

Going to the Open is like going to Costco - if you see an item you want, get it because it won't be there the next time you go back. You cannot believe the merchandise they move out. I have heard this year has been phenomenal. I also heard that what they do not sell, they destroy. I so hope THAT is not true.

Find something to carry my stuff in that I can hook, clip or paste to my body so I do not have to carry something everywhere I go. May have to ditch the lipstick, allergy medicine, kleenex...but what to do with the car keys? Luckily the credit cards are easy to carry :)

And last, Tiger Woods is amazing. He is simply gorgeous to look at and what a swing. Everything about the man seems perfect including sweat. While most looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water on them, the other day the perspiration on the back of his shirt was perfectly formed in "V's" large to small from top to bottom. I know you needed to know that.

Until tomorrow evening, good night and good luck (Tiger)

No comments:

Post a Comment